There are many resources available, both in print and online, with valuable information on a variety of developmental delays. We hope that you will find the links and reading list helpful. Please feel free to contact us if you have a useful link or book you would like to add. Inclusion in this list does not imply an endorsement by either the Arc of Gaston County, or The Arc of the United States.
CDSA – www.ncei.org or 704-480-5440; Children’s Developmental Services Agency is the primary contact for Early Intervention services for children birth to 3 years old; serving families in Gaston, Cleveland, Lincoln, Rutherford, and Polk counties. The CDSA conducts evaluations of each child’s development to determine the appropriate need for services.
Partners Behavioral Health Management – https://www.partnersbhm.org/ or 800-898-5898; Local Management Entity provides case management, counseling, inclusive daycare centers, adult day programs, supported living and supported employment opportunities, respite care, referrals, support groups for all people in our special needs population.
Woodbine House – www.woodbinehouse.com. A trusted source for books on various disabilities for parents, children, teachers, and professionals; good books for everyone, large selection.
- The Arc of the United States »
- The Arc of North Carolina »
- The National Organization of Disability »
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) »
- Autism Society of North Carolina »
- National Down Syndrome Society »
- Governor’s Advocacy Council fo People with Disabilities »
- North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities »
- Easter Seals of UCP of North Carolina »
- Family Support Network of North Carolina »
- Special Olympics of North Carolina »
- First in Families of North Carolina »
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services »
- North Carolina Early Intervention »
- Partners in Policy Making »
- Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center »
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, Exceptional Children’s Division »